We have customers around the world trying to use High Shear Extruders to make feeds like Petfoods and Aquatic Feeds. Working with these customers over a period of more than 20 years taught us the following:
- High Shear Extruders were not designed to produce shaped feeds and shaping success is limited.
- Feed Millers are bound to very specific formulations and ingredients in order to enjoy some shaping success with High Shear Extruders. This works against the “Least Cost Formulation” approach Modern-day feed mills are following
hp dezign now offers a solution to Operators of High Shear Extruders that will allow them to retrofit a Medium Shear Barrel Kit to existing High Shear Extruders, such as Millbank / MILTENZ / Insta-Pro and associated copies.
“Medium Shear Barrel Kits” could be supplied as a complete Shaft and Bearing Housing Assembly, complete with all components necessary to operate in the “Medium Shear” region. Our “Medium Shear Barrel Kit” solution addresses all the parameters that are a function of Shear Rate. A Medium Shear Barrel Kit may include all or part of the following (depending on the specific High Shear Extruder to be converted):
- Shaft & Bearing Housing Assembly
- Shaft Extension Kit
- Split Barrels
- Quick Latch Clamp Assemblies
- Options for Barrel Heating and Cooling
- Specifically designed screw profiles for Intake and Cooking
- Replaceable Barrel Liners with three different profiles for feeding, cooking, kneading and conveying
- Complete Cutter Head Assemblies
- Dies and Die Inserts designed for specific applications
Contact us today for a complete or partial solution to meet your specific needs.